Saturday, February 28, 2004

favorite movie quotes

a list of memorable lines from movies (well, i like them) [permapost]:

"It's okay, I wouldn't remember me either."- Lester Burnham - American Beauty

"It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything."- Tyler Durden - Fight Club

"No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world."- John Keating - Dead Poet's Society

"So much time and so little to do. Wait a minute. Strike that. Reverse it."- Willy Wonka - Willy Wonka

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."- Ferris Bueler - Ferris Bueler's Day Off

"When you first entered the restaurant, I thought you were handsome, and then of course, you spoke."- Carol - As Good As It Gets

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."- Verbal Kent - The Usual Suspects

"It's not that I'm lazy; it's that I just don't care."- Peter Gibbons- Office Space

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go home and have a heart attack."- Vincent Vega - Pulp Fiction

"You have the right to remain silent, so shut the fuck up. You have the right to a lawyer. If you cannot afford an lawyer, we will find the dumbest son of a bitch on earth for you. And if you hire Johnny Cochran, I'll kill you!"- Lee Butters - Lethal Weapon 4 (i believe)

"All right, here's all you need to know: Classes- nothing before 11. Beer- it's your best friend, you drink a lot of it. Will you have a car? (um, no) Someone on you hall will. Find them and make friends with them on the first day. Women - you're a freshman so it's pretty much out of the question. Anything else?"- Droz - PCU

"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."- Narrator - Fight Club

"Well, isn't this place a geographic oddity. Two weeks from everywhere."- Everett - O Brother, Where Art Thou?

"Me? I'm scared of everything! I'm scared of what I saw, I'm scared of what I did, of who I am, and most of all I'm scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I'm with you."- Baby - Dirty Dancing (i had to put something in from this movie!)

"I want the fairy tale."- Viv - Pretty Woman

"What's in the box?"- David Mills - Seven

"God is an imaginary friend for grown-ups."- Judge Walter Crewes - The Big Bounce

"You're not like my other teachers, Professor Tripp. You're not like my other students, James." - Wonder Boys

"The real hell is your life gone wrong." - Chris - What Dreams May Come

No comments:

Post a Comment