Wednesday, March 8, 2006

cheers to all women

it's international women's day and blog against . don't forget, march is also women's history month.

i was going to write something about how many men are sexist, about patriarchy still existing in our society, or about how women are still underpaid, earning only 77 cents to every dollar earned by men. i was going to write about the feminization of poverty.

but i am not going to be taken down by sexists. or get myself down about women being underpaid. i will rise up against patriarchy and fight.*

i fight by working and taking care of myself, without a man. i fight by loving myself and not conforming to the prescribed standard of beauty. i fight by raising my child, without a man. i fight by making my own decisions. i fight each day because i am proud to be a woman.

* cheers to soopermouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment