Monday, March 27, 2006

from 'The Fourth Procedure'

by Stanley Pottinger:

Because I cannot imagine being forced to remain pregnant against my will, I can't imagine a woman allowing that to happen to her, either. I can imagine her deciding to carry a child to term even though she would not have chosen to be poregnant in the first place. I can imagine her giving up a child for adoption. I can imagine her deciding to keep it, and I can imagine her changing her mind several times back and forth, exerising the one thing that distiguishes us from every other animal on the p[lanet-our intelligence. In my view, that's what the abotion decision is all about, an exercise in human intelligence ... Personally, i fI were a pregnant woman forced to carry a child against my will, I would take up arms before surrendering.

No comments:

Post a Comment